The technology is progressing at a fast pace making more and more electronic components obsolete. New and innovative electronic components are making their way to the market, making it difficult for people to find End of Line (EOL) electronic components. And it does not help that the market is full of all kinds of suppliers including unethical ones that sell fake products to naïve buyers.
People who want to buy electronic components feel unsure about where to start their search and which suppliers to trust to place their order. As a buyer, it is essential that you make informed decisions to make the right choice. Here are the tops tips to find a reliable electronic components supplier:
- Extend Your Reach: The first step to find a reliable obsolete electronic components distributor is to search online using the right keywords. This significantly extends your reach as you can check out the local suppliers along with the ones located nationally or internationally. There are plenty of B2B and B2C sourcing platforms where suppliers are listed. Many of these platforms have stringent criteria to let a supplier sign up and there are more chances of only legitimate vendors making the cut. You can go to any platform of your choice and choose a verified supplier. You can check if these companies are ISO 9001 registered and a member of global organizations such as ERAI, SMTA, and IPC amongst others.
- Adherence to Standards: A firm that adheres to some of the quality standards or is part of select global organizations that promote standardization in commerce will be better at its work than others who do not have such qualifications. For instance, as mentioned, a ISO 9001 registered firm which is also a member of organizations such as ERAI, SMTA and IPC is a good bet. ISO 9001 is one of the most valued and respected Quality Management System (QMS) in the world today. It helps businesses to meet the expectations of customers and lays down guidelines that can be implemented across the business to provide great solutions. Similarly, ERAI offers supply chain risk mitigation solutions, while SMTA helps electronics, engineering and manufacturing firms to better their processes. IPC membership ensures the firm knows of the best standards in for production and assembly of electronic components.
- Pick ‘n’ Choose: Once you have a few shortlisted candidates, you can visit their websites to check their product line and customer reviews. If you are looking for IC components suppliers, you need to make sure that they have been in business for a long time and have plenty of satisfied customers. A company that is a member of global organizations such as Electronic Reseller’s Association International (ERAI) is safeguarded against fraud, lost revenue, or unscrupulous business practices. Since ERAI provides services and information, these companies do not source products from suppliers and customers that deal with potentially compromised components. You can be sure that they only sell original electronic components.
- Utilize the Power of Social Media: Social media can help you gather social proof about a supplier. You can visit the social profiles of the suppliers you want to work with to gather some social proof about them. If they have no presence, it just goes on to show that they have not yet kept pace with the changing times and are not ideal partners for you. A dormant profile or low following is not a good sign either. A good sign is if the supplier is affiliated with IPC, an Association Connecting Electronics Industries. This trade association standardizes the assembly and production needs of electronic equipment.
- Meet the Supplier: If you are a person who likes to meet a supplier before you make a purchase, you can choose to go to trade shows to meet different obsolete components suppliers in person. You can take a look at what they have to offer and make up your mind. In addition, meeting the suppliers directly ensures that you are getting authentic products at best prices. This is because dealing directly with supplier helps you get rid of the middlemen such as wholesalers and traders. Suppliers that have joined the Surface Mount Technology Association (SMTA) have the practical experience to develop solutions in electronic assembly technologies.
About the Company:
WIN SOURCE – electronic components distributor – ERAI & ISO certificated, specializes in common-used and obsolete electronic parts, also focuses on providing cost-effective alternative solutions of electronic parts. Online electronic store, offers online line card, inventory and purchasing.