Hygiene is crucial in maintaining the look of our teeth. However, even with the most excellent care, there’s still a chance that the teeth won’t look as perfect as you’ve envisioned them to be.
Going to a regular dentist might not be enough to address this concern, so it’s better to have a second opinion by searching for a Cosmetic Dentistry in Los Angeles.
Why you should trust a cosmetic dentist
Cosmetic dentists are praised for their expertise in improving the overall look of the teeth. Unlike regular dentists, their job entails mimicking your tooth’s natural image and replicating or adjusting it according to your preference.
You don’t necessarily have to ruin your teeth to book an appointment with them. As long as you desire to create some adjustments to your teeth’ appearance, a cosmetic dentist would be glad to assist you.
Even though they are a distinct group from the regular dentists, cosmetic dentists can mix artistry in the science of medicine. And their provided services had resulted in increased self-esteem among their patients.
How can a cosmetic dentist help you?
An example of cosmetic dentists’ service could offer you is porcelain veneers or dental porcelain laminates.
They are customized, wafer-thin shells that replicate your tooth’s color and are designed to cover the front space in your teeth to improve appearance.
Porcelain veneers vary in color, size, length, and shape depending on the patient’s needs.
This is just one out of the two types of dental veneers. The other one is created from resin composite materials; though, many still prefer porcelain veneers as they have better resistance to stains. And they also have a better imitation of the light-reflecting ability of natural teeth.
The patient would have to communicate their choice to their dentists before a process begins. The professional might have some reservations due to the possibility of complications concerning the patient’s health.
Benefits vs. Risks
Regardless of the cost and exerted effort on the dental procedure, it’s not a secret that some produce several benefits and their accompanying risks.
So before going through a potentially painful procedure, it’s best to do your research to determine if the benefits outweigh the downsides of the process.
There’s a reason why people prefer a porcelain veneer procedure, and it might be motivated by the following:
- Porcelain veneers look as accurate as natural teeth.
- The color could be adjusted, so dark teeth could be given an impression of being whiter.
- These veneers are stain-resistant
- Porcelain doesn’t inflict too much pain on the gums.
- Overall, porcelain veneers require minimal shaping, unlike crowns. Yet, they still appear better and more robust.
The benefits might be enticing; but you should be aware that by subjecting to this, you allow yourself to undergo a procedure that’s accompanied by the following drawbacks:
- Since it needs to remove a specific enamel, the tooth would become more sensitive to hot and cold beverages and foods.
- It’s rare for veneers to be repaired once they had a crack or chip.
- They could fall off or dislodge. As a result, patients who have a mannerism to bite on their nails, chew pencils, or ice isn’t considered a suitable candidate for the procedure.
- They are expensive. If you know that you don’t have sufficient funds to maintain porcelain veneers, this procedure might not be the best idea.
It didn’t help that teeth with veneers are still vulnerable to decays, which would possibly require full coverage of the tooth, along with a crown
- Worst of all, the process is irreversible