Selenium is open-source automated testing which is used for web applications across many platforms and browsers. It is also very much similar to Unified Functional Testing. Selenium does web-application automation whereas testing can be done by using selenium tool which is known as Selenium testing.
Selenium has four components:
- Selenium Remote Control (RC)
- Selenium Grid
- Selenium Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
Selenium Remote Control (RC)
Selenium Remote Control comes in two parts:
- Client libraries
- The server which kills browsers
The part of Selenium suite that runs many tests across different operating systems, browsers and machines is called as Selenium Grid. In the Selenium Grid, a hub node can be used to run the whole test on a single machine with a hub.
Selenium Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
Selenium Integrated Development Environment is used to develop the test cases. It is very much easy to use Firefox and Chrome extension. The users’ action can be recorded by using the commands of Selenium along with the parameters of each element.
WebDriver is nothing but a Web Automation Framework (WAF) which allows executing various browsers. The main advantage of WebDriver is it enables programming languages to use in creating scripts for the test. The WebDriver can support PHP, .Net, Perl, Java and Ruby languages.
Origin of Selenium
The ever-expanding cloud services set that help the organization to meet the business goals is known as Microsoft Azure. It is the freedom to manage, build, and deploy the applications hugely by using frameworks and tools. Azure provides a massive range of cloud services including analytics, computing, networking, and storage. Users can select from these services to run existing applications, develop new applications in the public cloud. The advantages of these services can be learned through Azure certification.
Products and Services of Azure
In the year 2018, Microsoft differentiates Azure cloud services as 18 product types:
- Web: These services can be used to deploy and develop web applications. These can offer features of content delivery, report notification, and application programming interface (API).
- Analytics: This service can provide storage, distributed analytics, big data analytics, features of machine learning, Internet of Things (IoT), data warehousing, data lakes, business intelligence, and data streams.
- Content Delivery Network: These services include digital rights protection, media playback indexing, on-demand streaming, and encoding.
- Identity and access management (IAM): This service ensures only authorized users should access. It helps in sensitive information and protects encryption keys in the cloud. These services can include multi-factor authentication (MFA) and Azure Active Directory.
- Machine learning and Artificial Intelligence: This is a very vast range of service that can be used to infuse artificial intelligence, machine learning and capabilities of cognitive computing into data sets and applications.
- Databases: This service includes offerings of Database as a Service (DBaaS) for NoSQL and SQL, as well as some other databases like PostgreSQL, and Cosmos DB. It can also include caching, Warehouse support and database integration.
- Migration: This service is very much useful for the organization in estimating workload cost and it’s a performance from data centres to the cloud.
- Management: These services can provide a range of recovery, automation, monitoring, backup, compliance, and schedule that helps in managing the Azure deployment.
- Compute: It can allow the user to manage and deploy the virtual machines (VMs), batch processing and supports the access of the remote application.
- Data Storage: The scalable cloud storage can be provided for the unstructured and structured data by using this data storage service. It can also support persistent storage, big data projects, and archival storage.
- Networking: Networking includes dedicated connections, virtual networks, and gateways, as well as services for diagnostics, domain name system, load balancing and network protection against DDoS attacks.
- Hybrid Integration: These are services for site recovery, server backup and connecting both public and private clouds.
- Internet of Things: This service is very much helpful for the users in monitoring, capturing and analyzing Internet of Things data from sensors. Services include analytics, notifications, coding, and monitoring.
- Security: This service provides the capabilities to respond and identify cloud security threats and can manage encryption keys.
- Containers: It is useful for an enterprise to register, create, manage, and orchestrate huge container volumes in the Azure cloud by using Kubernetes and Docker.
- DevOps: This service provides collaboration and protects tools such as DevOps software development and Visual Studio Team Services. It can also offer features for DevOps tool integration, application diagnostics, and test labs.
- Mobile: These products provide notification services, mobile devices applications, building APIs, and back-end tasks with data.
Automation Tests using Selenium and Azure DevOps
There are seven steps for creating a test script of Selenium.
- Webdriver instance creation
- Web page navigation
- Locating HTML on the web page
- Performing HTML element action
- Anticipating the response of the browser to the action
- Running and testing the results of a test
- Concluding the test
The following are the solutions for Azure DevOps automation testing:
- Configuring the tests cyclings of automation by using Azure DevOps
- Execute and schedule the REST API and Web UI on the cloud
- Distributing the applications to the testers of beta with the Azure app Center
- Testing the report results and logging with App Center
- Azure SQL service support data persistence
- PowerBI Embedded integration for analytics and reporting
- By using Azure DevOps building test report of source code
- Building test plans in case management
- Concurrent execution
- Automation testing ability in a short of time with the control over expenses.
To automate the authentication, the user always uses Selenium scripts. It is appearing with OAuth but still looks difficult. Instead of using the test URL, many users redirecting to the URL of the microsoft.com login. The only problem is the entire URL is unique.
Selenium has a great compatibility platform like Mac OS, Windows, Linux, etc. Selenium is mainly designed to encourage web-based applications functional automation testing with a wide range of platforms and browsers. It is considered as the most accepting tool in automation testing. It is a package of several tools. Hence, Selenium is known as a suite. Whereas, Azure can support more than 50 coding languages for the development purpose. The packaging and deployment are very easy in Azure. Integrating the various coding languages is easy. This is how Selenium authenticates with Azure.